We believe in the radical and unconditional love of the Father. A love so profound Jesus would pronounce forgiveness over the most unworthy, the most shameful and the most broken.(1)
We believe in the power of the Holy Spirit to fill us with a love so deep, people can tangibly experience the love of God through us.(2, 3)
We believe without love nothing else matters, for the absence of love is the absence of God.(4, 5)
And what we believe defines how we live, because all of humanity needs to know the radical nature of the Father’s love.(6)
1. John 3:16: For God loved the world in this way: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.
2. John 13:25: By this everyone will know you are my disciples, if you love one another.
3. Matthew 22:36-40: Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind…Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets depend on these two commands.
4. 1 John 4:8: The one who does not love does not know God, because God is love.
5. Galatians 5:13-14: For you were called to be free, brothers and sisters; only don’t use this freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but serve one another through love. For the whole law is fulfilled in one statement: Love your neighbor as yourself.
6. John 17:3: This is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and the one you have sent —Jesus Christ.